- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for ERY-TAB (KAISER FOUNDATION HOSPITALS): DESCRIPTION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- Information for Patients
- Drug Interactions
- Drug/Laboratory Test Interactions
- Carcinogenesis, Mutagenesis, Impairment of Fertility
- Labor and Delivery
- Nursing Mothers
- Pediatric Use
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- Recommended Storage
- External Links Related to ERY-TAB (KAISER FOUNDATION HOSPITALS)
ERY-TAB (erythromycin delayed-release tablets) is an antibacterial product containing erythromycin base in a specially enteric-coated tablet to protect it from the inactivating effects of gastric acidity and to permit efficient absorption of the antibiotic in the small intestine. ERY-TAB tablets for oral administration are available in three dosage strengths, each white oval tablet containing either 250 mg, 333 mg, or 500 mg of erythromycin as the free base. ERY-TAB tablets comply with USP Drug Release Test 1.
Erythromycin is produced by a strain of Saccharopolyspora erythraea (formerly Streptomyces erythraeus) and belongs to the macrolide group of antibiotics. It is basic and readily forms salts with acids. Erythromycin is a white to off-white powder, slightly soluble in water, and soluble in alcohol, chloroform, and ether. Erythromycin is known chemically as (3R*, 4S*, 5S*, 6R*, 7R*, 9R*, 11R*, 12R*, 13S*, 14R*)-4-[(2,6-dideoxy-3-C-methyl-3-O-methyl-a-L-ribo-hexopyranosyl) oxy]-14-ethyl-7,12,13-trihydroxy-3,5,7,9,11,13-hexamethyl-6-[[3,4,6-trideoxy-3-(dimethylamino)-ß-D-xylo-hexopyranosyl]oxy]oxacyclotetradecane-2,10-dione. The molecular formula is C37H67NO13, and the molecular weight is 733.94. The structural formula is:Inactive Ingredients
Ammonium hydroxide, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, diacetylated monoglycerides, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, hypromellose phthalate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, propylene glycol, sodium citrate, sorbitan monooleate, talc, and titanium dioxide.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).