- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for EPOPROSTENOL (GeneraMedix Inc ): CONTRAINDICATIONS
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- DOSAGE FORMS AND STRENGTHS
- DRUG INTERACTIONS
- PATIENT COUNSELING INFORMATION
- Diseases/Conditions Related to EPOPROSTENOL (GeneraMedix Inc )
- External Links Related to EPOPROSTENOL (GeneraMedix Inc )
A large study evaluating the effect of epoprostenol on survival in NYHA Class III and IV patients with congestive heart failure due to severe left ventricular systolic dysfunction was terminated after an interim analysis of 471 patients revealed a higher mortality in patients receiving epoprostenol plus conventional therapy than in those receiving conventional therapy alone. The chronic use of epoprostenol in patients with congestive heart failure due to severe left ventricular systolic dysfunction is therefore contraindicated.
Some patients with pulmonary hypertension have developed pulmonary edema during dose initiation, which may be associated with pulmonary veno-occlusive disease. Epoprostenol should not be used chronically in patients who develop pulmonary edema during dose initiation.
Epoprostenol is also contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to the drug or to structurally related compounds.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).