- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for ELMIRON -100 mg (pentosan polysulfate sodium) Capsules (Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.): DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- CLINICAL TRIALS
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- Patient Leaflet
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 100 mg Bottle Label
- External Links Related to ELMIRON -100 mg (pentosan polysulfate sodium) Capsules (Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
The recommended dose of ELMIRON® is 300 mg/day taken as one 100 mg capsule orally three times daily. The capsules should be taken with water at least 1 hour before meals or 2 hours after meals.
Patients receiving ELMIRON® should be reassessed after 3 months. If improvement has not occurred and if limiting adverse events are not present, ELMIRON® may be continued for another 3 months.
The clinical value and risks of continued treatment in patients whose pain has not improved by 6 months is not known.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).