- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for ELAPRASE™ (idursulfase) Solution for intravenous infusionInitial U.S. Approval: 2006 (Shire US Manufacturing Inc.): 11. DESCRIPTION
- WARNING: Risk of Anaphylaxis
- 1. INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- 2. DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- 3. DOSAGE FORMS AND STRENGTHS
- 4. CONTRAINDICATIONS
- 6. ADVERSE REACTIONS
- 7. DRUG INTERACTIONS
- 10. OVERDOSAGE
- 11. DESCRIPTION
- 14. CLINICAL STUDIES
- 16. HOW SUPPLIED/STORAGE AND HANDLING
- 17. PATIENT COUNSELING INFORMATION
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 6 mg/3 mL Vial Carton
- External Links Related to ELAPRASE™ (idursulfase) Solution for intravenous infusionInitial U.S. Approval: 2006 (Shire US Manufacturing Inc.)
ELAPRASE is a formulation of idursulfase, a purified form of human iduronate-2-sulfatase, a lysosomal enzyme. Idursulfase is produced by recombinant DNA technology in a human cell line. Idursulfase is an enzyme that hydrolyzes the 2-sulfate esters of terminal iduronate sulfate residues from the glycosaminoglycans dermatan sulfate and heparan sulfate in the lysosomes of various cell types.
Idursulfase is a 525-amino acid glycoprotein with a molecular weight of approximately 76 kilodaltons. The enzyme contains eight asparagine-linked glycosylation sites occupied by complex oligosaccharide structures. The enzyme activity of idursulfase is dependent on the post-translational modification of a specific cysteine to formylglycine. Idursulfase has a specific activity ranging from 41 to 77 U/mg of protein (one unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to hydrolyze 1 µmole of heparin disaccharide substrate per hour under the specified assay conditions).
ELAPRASE is intended for intravenous infusion and is supplied as a sterile, nonpyrogenic clear to slightly opalescent, colorless solution that must be diluted prior to administration in 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP. Each vial contains an extractable volume of 3.0 mL with an idursulfase concentration of 2.0 mg/mL at a pH of approximately 6, providing 6.0 mg idursulfase, 24.0 mg sodium chloride, 6.75 mg sodium phosphate monobasic monohydrate, 2.97 mg sodium phosphate dibasic heptahydrate, and 0.66 mg polysorbate 20. ELAPRASE does not contain preservatives; vials are for single use only.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).