- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for DRISDOL ERGOCALCIFEROL, USP 50,000 IU Capsule (sanofi-aventis U.S. LLC): DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 1.25 mg capsule
- External Links Related to DRISDOL ERGOCALCIFEROL, USP 50,000 IU Capsule (sanofi-aventis U.S. LLC)
THE RANGE BETWEEN THERAPEUTIC AND TOXIC DOSES IS NARROW.
Vitamin D Resistant Rickets:12,000 to 500,000 IU units daily.
Hypoparathyroidism:50,000 to 200,000 IU units daily concomitantly with calcium lactate 4 g, six times per day.
DOSAGE MUST BE INDIVIDUALIZED UNDER CLOSE MEDICAL SUPERVISION.
Calcium intake should be adequate. Blood calcium and phosphorus determinations must be made every 2 weeks or more frequently if necessary.
X-rays of the bones should be taken every month until condition is corrected and stabilized.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).