- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for DRISDOL ERGOCALCIFEROL, USP 50,000 IU Capsule (sanofi-aventis U.S. LLC): DESCRIPTION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 1.25 mg capsule
- External Links Related to DRISDOL ERGOCALCIFEROL, USP 50,000 IU Capsule (sanofi-aventis U.S. LLC)
DRISDOL, brand of ergocalciferol capsules, USP, is a synthetic calcium regulator for oral administration.
Ergocalciferol is a white, colorless crystal, insoluble in water, soluble in organic solvents, and slightly soluble in vegetable oils. It is affected by air and by light. Ergosterol or provitamin D2 is found in plants and yeast and has no antirachitic activity.
There are more than 10 substances belonging to a group of steroid compounds, classified as having vitamin D or antirachitic activity.
One USP unit of vitamin D2 is equivalent to one International Unit (IU), and 1 mcg of vitamin D2 is equal to 40 IU.
Each capsule contains 1.25 mg (50,000 International Units vitamin D) of ergocalciferol, USP, in an edible vegetable oil.
Ergocalciferol, also called vitamin D2, is 9,10-secoergosta-5,7,10(19),22-tetraen-3-ol,(3ß,5Z,7E,22E)-; (C28H44O) with a molecular weight of 396.65, and has the following structural formula:
Inactive Ingredients:FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Yellow #5, Gelatin, Glycerin, Parabens, Soybean Oil.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).