- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for DRISDOL ERGOCALCIFEROL, USP 50,000 IU Capsule (sanofi-aventis U.S. LLC): ADVERSE REACTIONS
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 1.25 mg capsule
- External Links Related to DRISDOL ERGOCALCIFEROL, USP 50,000 IU Capsule (sanofi-aventis U.S. LLC)
Hypervitaminosis D is characterized by effects on the following organ system:
Renal:Impairment of renal function with polyuria, nocturia, polydipsia, hypercalciuria, reversible azotemia, hypertension, nephrocalcinosis, generalized vascular calcification, or irreversible renal insufficiency which may result in death.
Soft Tissues:Widespread calcification of the soft tissues, including the heart, blood vessels, renal tubules, and lungs.
Skeletal:Bone demineralization (osteoporosis) in adults occurs concomitantly.
Decline in the average rate of linear growth and increased mineralization of bones in infants and children (dwarfism) vague aches, stiffness, and weakness.
Gastrointestinal:Nausea, anorexia, constipation.
Metabolic:Mild acidosis, anemia, weight loss.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).