- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for DOXYCYCLINE HYCLATE CAPSULES, USP (Hikma Pharmaceutical): DESCRIPTION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- ANIMAL PHARMACOLOGY AND ANIMAL TOXICOLOGY
- NO TITLE
- External Links Related to DOXYCYCLINE HYCLATE CAPSULES, USP (Hikma Pharmaceutical)
Doxycycline hyclate is a. broad-spectrurn antibiotic synthetically derived from oxytetracycline. The structural formula is as follows:
with a molecular formula of C22H24N2O8•H2O and a molecular weight of 462.46. The chemical designation for doxycycline is 4-(Dimethylamino)- 1,4,4a,5,5a,6,11,12a-octahydro-3,5,10,12,12a-pentahydroxy-6-methyl-1,11-dioxo-2-naphthacenecarboxamide monohydrate. Doxycycline is a light yellow crystalline powder. Doxycycline hyclate is soluble in water.
Doxycycline has a high degree of lipoid solubility and a low affinity for calcium binding. It is highly stable in normal human serum. Doxycycline will not degrade into an epianhydro form.
Each capsule for oral administration contains doxycycline hyclate equivalent to 50 mg of 100 mg of doxycycline (anhydrous). Inactive ingredients: lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate.
50 mg gelatin capsule shell contains: FD&C Blue #1, silicon dioxide, sodium lauryl sulfate and titanium dioxide. 100 mg gelatin capsule shell contains: FD&C Blue#1, silicon dioxide, sodium lauryl sulfate and titanium dioxide. The printing ink contains: D&C Yellow #10, FD&C Blue #1, FE&C Blue #2, FE&C Red #40, n-Butyl Alcohol, Pharmaceutical Glaze, Propylene Glycol, SDA-3A, Alcohol and Synthetic Black Iron Oxide.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).