- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for DIPYRIDAMOLE TABLETS, USP (Barr Laboratories, Inc.): Adverse Reactions
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Indications and Usage
- Adverse Reactions
- Dosage and Administration
- How Supplied
- Diseases/Conditions Related to DIPYRIDAMOLE TABLETS, USP (Barr Laboratories, Inc.)
- External Links Related to DIPYRIDAMOLE TABLETS, USP (Barr Laboratories, Inc.)
Adverse reactions at therapeutic doses are usually minimal and transient. On long-term use of dipyridamole initial side effects usually disappear. The following reactions were reported in two heart valve replacement trials comparing dipyridamole and warfarin therapy to either warfarin alone or warfarin and placebo:
Dizziness 13.6 % 8.2 % Abdominal distress 6.1 % 3.5 % Headache 2.3 % 0.0 % Rash 2.3 % 1.1 %
Other reactions from uncontrolled studies include diarrhea, vomiting, flushing and pruritus. In addition, angina pectoris has been reported rarely, and there have been rare reports of liver dysfunction. On those uncommon occasions when adverse reactions have been persistent or intolerable, they have ceased on withdrawal of the medication.
When dipyridamole was administered concomitantly with warfarin, bleeding was no greater in frequency or severity than that observed when warfarin was administered alone.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).