- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for DIAZEPAM ORAL SOLUTION, 5 mg per 5 mL and DIAZEPAM INTENSOL™ Oral Solution (Concentrate), 5 mg per mL (Roxane Laboratories, Inc.): DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DRUG ABUSE AND DEPENDENCE
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- Diseases/Conditions Related to DIAZEPAM ORAL SOLUTION, 5 mg per 5 mL and DIAZEPAM INTENSOL™ Oral Solution (Concentrate), 5 mg per mL (Roxane Laboratories, Inc.)
- External Links Related to DIAZEPAM ORAL SOLUTION, 5 mg per 5 mL and DIAZEPAM INTENSOL™ Oral Solution (Concentrate), 5 mg per mL (Roxane Laboratories, Inc.)
Dosage should be individualized for maximum beneficial effect. While the usual daily dosages given below will meet the needs of most patients, there will be some who may require higher doses. In such cases dosage should be increased cautiously to avoid adverse effects.
Adults: Usual Daily Dosage Management of Anxiety Disorders and Relief of Symptoms of Anxiety. Depending upon severity of symptoms – 2 mg to 10 mg, 2 to 4 times daily. Symptomatic Relief in Acute Alcohol Withdrawal. 10 mg, 3 or 4 times during the first 24 hours, reducing to 5 mg, 3 or 4 times daily as needed. Adjunctively for Relief of Skeletal Muscle Spasm. 2 mg to 10 mg, 3 or 4 times daily. Adjunctively in Convulsive Disorders. 2 mg to 10 mg, 2 to 4 times daily. Geriatric Patients or in the presence of debilitating disease. 2 mg to 2 1/2 mg, 1 or 2 times daily initially; increase gradually as needed and tolerated. Children: Because of varied responses to CNS-acting drugs, initiate therapy with lowest dose and increase as required. Not for use in children under 6 months. 1 mg to 2 1/2 mg, 3 or 4 times daily initially; increase gradually as needed and tolerated.
Proper Use of an Intensol™
An Intensol is a concentrated oral solution as compared to standard oral liquid medications. It is recommended that an Intensol be mixed with liquid or semi-solid food such as water, juices, soda or soda-like beverages, applesauce and puddings.
Use only the calibrated dropper provided with this product. Draw into the dropper the amount prescribed for a single dose. Then squeeze the dropper contents into a liquid or semi-solid food. Stir the liquid or food gently for a few seconds. The Intensol formulation blends quickly and completely. The entire amount of the mixture, of drug and liquid or drug and food, should be consumed immediately. Do not store for future use.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).