- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for DARAPRIM (pyrimethamine) 25-mg Scored Tablets (GlaxoSmithKline): ADVERSE REACTIONS
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- HOW SUPPLIED
- Diseases/Conditions Related to DARAPRIM (pyrimethamine) 25-mg Scored Tablets (GlaxoSmithKline)
- External Links Related to DARAPRIM (pyrimethamine) 25-mg Scored Tablets (GlaxoSmithKline)
Hypersensitivity reactions, occasionally severe (such as Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis, erythema multiforme, and anaphylaxis), and hyperphenylalaninemia, can occur particularly when pyrimethamine is administered concomitantly with a sulfonamide. Consult the complete prescribing information for the relevant sulfonamide for sulfonamide-associated adverse events. With doses of pyrimethamine used for the treatment of toxoplasmosis, anorexia and vomiting may occur. Vomiting may be minimized by giving the medication with meals; it usually disappears promptly upon reduction of dosage. Doses used in toxoplasmosis may produce megaloblastic anemia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, pancytopenia, atrophic glossitis, hematuria, and disorders of cardiac rhythm. Hematologic effects, however, may also occur at low doses in certain individuals (see PRECAUTIONS: General).
Pulmonary eosinophilia has been reported rarely.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).