- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for COMFORTIS (spinosad) Chewable Tablets (Elanco Animal Health Co): Post Approval Experience (June 2009):
- Dosage and Administration:
- Adverse Reactions:
- Post Approval Experience (June 2009):
- Mode of Action:
- Animal Safety:
- Storage Information:
- How Supplied:
- Principal Display Panel
- External Links Related to COMFORTIS (spinosad) Chewable Tablets (Elanco Animal Health Co)
The following adverse reactions are based on post-approval adverse drug event reporting. The adverse reactions are listed in decreasing order of frequency: vomiting, depression/lethargy, anorexia, ataxia, diarrhea, pruritus, trembling, hypersalivation and seizures.
Following concomitant extra label use of ivermectin with COMFORTIS, some dogs have experienced the following clinical signs: trembling/twitching, salivation/drooling, seizures, ataxia, mydriasis, blindness and disorientation.
Post approval experience continues to support the safety of COMFORTIS when used concurrently with heartworm preventatives according to label directions.
For technical assistance or to report an adverse drug reaction, call 1-888-545-5973. Additional information can be found at www.comfortis4dogs.com. For a complete listing of adverse reactions for spinosad reported to the CVM see http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/ SafetyHealth/ProductSafetyInformation/ucm055394.htm
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).