- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for COMFORTIS (spinosad) Chewable Tablets (Elanco Animal Health Co): Dosage and Administration:
- Dosage and Administration:
- Adverse Reactions:
- Post Approval Experience (June 2009):
- Mode of Action:
- Animal Safety:
- Storage Information:
- How Supplied:
- Principal Display Panel
- External Links Related to COMFORTIS (spinosad) Chewable Tablets (Elanco Animal Health Co)
COMFORTIS chewable tablets are given orally once a month, at the recommended minimum dosage of 13.5 mg/lb (30 mg/kg).
Recommended Dosage Schedule:
* Dogs over 120 lbs should be administered the appropriate combination of tablets.
Body Weight Spinosad Per Tablet(mg) TabletsAdministered 5 to 10 lbs 140 One 10.1 to 20 lbs 270 One 20.1 to 40 lbs 560 One 40.1 to 60 lbs 810 One 60.1 to 120* lbs 1620 One
Administer COMFORTIS chewable tablets with food for maximum effectiveness.
COMFORTIS is a chewable tablet and is readily consumed by dogs when offered by the owner just prior to feeding. Alternatively, COMFORTIS chewable tablets may be offered in food or administered like other tablet medications. COMFORTIS chewable tablets should be administered at monthly intervals.
If vomiting occurs within an hour of administration, redose with another full dose. If a dose is missed, administer COMFORTIS chewable tablets with food and resume a monthly dosing schedule.
Treatment with COMFORTIS chewable tablets may begin at any time of the year, preferably starting one month before fleas become active and continuing monthly through the end of flea season. In areas where fleas are common year-round, monthly treatment with COMFORTIS chewable tablets should continue the entire year without interruption.
To minimize the likelihood of flea reinfestation, it is important to treat all animals within a household with an approved flea protection product.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).