- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for Clindamycin Phosphate and Benzoyl Peroxide (Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.): CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- CLINICAL STUDIES
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED AND COMPOUNDING INSTRUCTIONS
- External Links Related to Clindamycin Phosphate and Benzoyl Peroxide (Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
An in vitro percutaneous penetration study comparing ClindamycinPhosphate and Benzoyl Peroxide Gel, 1%/5% and topical 1% clindamycin gel alone, demonstrated there was no statistical difference in penetration between the two drugs. Mean systemic bioavailability of topical clindamycin in ClindamycinPhosphate and Benzoyl Peroxide Gel, 1%/5% is suggested to be less than 1%.
Benzoyl peroxide has been shown to be absorbed by the skin where it is converted to benzoic acid. Less than 2% of the dose enters systemic circulation as benzoic acid. It is suggested that the lipophilic nature of benzoyl peroxide acts to concentrate the compound into the lipid-rich sebaceous follicle.
The clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide components individually have been shown to have in vitro activity against Propionibacterium acnes an organism which has been associated with acne vulgaris; however, the clinical significance of this activity against P. acnes was not examined in clinical trials with this product.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).