- Differential Diagnosis
Drug Information for CLARITHROMYCIN (KAISER FOUNDATION HOSPITALS): OVERDOSAGE
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- Information For Patients
- Drug Interactions
- Carcinogenesis, Mutagenesis, Impairment of Fertility
- Nursing Mothers
- Geriatric Use
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- CLINICAL STUDIES
- ANIMAL PHARMACOLOGY AND TOXICOLOGY
- External Links Related to CLARITHROMYCIN (KAISER FOUNDATION HOSPITALS)
Overdosage of clarithromycin can cause gastrointestinal symptoms such as abdominal pain,vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea.
Adverse reactions accompanying overdosage should be treated by the prompt elimination ofunabsorbed drug and supportive measures. As with other macrolides, clarithromycin serumconcentrations are not expected to be appreciably affected by hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).