- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for Citalopram Hydrobromide (CARACO PHARMACEUTICAL LABORATORIES, LTD.): INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- HOW SUPPLIED
- Medication GuideAntidepressant Medicines, Depression and other Serious Mental Illnesses, and Suicidal Thoughts or Actions
- External Links Related to Citalopram Hydrobromide (CARACO PHARMACEUTICAL LABORATORIES, LTD.)
Citalopram HBr, USP is indicated for the treatment of depression.
The efficacy of Citalopram tablets, USP in the treatment of depression was established in 4-6 week, controlled trials of outpatients whose diagnosis corresponded most closely to the DSM-lll and DSM-lll-R category of major depressive disorder (see CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY).
A major depressive episode (DSM-IV) implies a prominent and relatively persistent (nearly every day for at least 2 weeks) depressed or dysphoric mood that usually interferes with daily functioning, and includes at least five of the following nine symptoms: depressed mood, loss of interest in usual activities, significant change in weight and/or appetite, insomnia or hypersomnia, psychomotor agitation or retardation, increased fatigue, feelings of guilt or worthlessness, slowed thinking or impaired concentration, a suicide attempt or suicidal ideation.
The antidepressant action of Citalopram tablets, USP in hospitalized depressed patients has not been adequately studied.
The efficacy of Citalopram tablets, USP in maintaining an antidepressant response for up to 24 weeks following 6 to 8 weeks of acute treatment was demonstrated in two placebo-controlled trials (see CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY). Nevertheless, the physician who elects to use Citalopram tablets, USP for extended periods should periodically re-evaluate the long-term usefulness of the drug for the individual patient.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).