- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for Citalopram Hydrobromide (CARACO PHARMACEUTICAL LABORATORIES, LTD.): DESCRIPTION
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- HOW SUPPLIED
- Medication GuideAntidepressant Medicines, Depression and other Serious Mental Illnesses, and Suicidal Thoughts or Actions
- External Links Related to Citalopram Hydrobromide (CARACO PHARMACEUTICAL LABORATORIES, LTD.)
Citalopram HBr is an orally administered selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) with a chemical structure unrelated to that of other SSRIs or of tricyclic, tetracyclic, or other available antidepressant agents. Citalopram HBr is a racemic bicyclic phthalane derivative designated (±)-1-(3- dimethylaminopropyl)-1-(4-fluorophenyl)-1,3-dihydroisobenzofuran- 5-carbonitrile, HBr with the following structural formula:
The molecular formula is C20H22BrFN2O and its molecular weight is 405.35.
Citalopram HBr occurs as a fine, white to off-white powder. Citalopram HBr is sparingly soluble in water and soluble in ethanol.
Citalopram 10 mg tablets, USP are film-coated, round, plain tablets containing citalopram HBr in strengths equivalent to 10 mg citalopram base. Citalopram 20 mg and 40 mg tablets, USP are film coated, oval, scored tablets containing citalopram HBr in strengths equivalent to 20 mg or 40 mg citalopram base. The tablets also contain the following inactive ingredients: Copolyvidone, Corn Starch, Croscarmellose Sodium, Lactose Monohydrate, Magnesium Stearate, Colloidal Silicon Dioxide, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Titanium Dioxide, Hypromellose 6, Polyethylene Glycol-4000, and Polysorbate 80.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).