- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for CIMETIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE ORAL SOLUTION0506 (TEVA PHARMACEUTICALS USA): DESCRIPTION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- HOW SUPPLIED
- External Links Related to CIMETIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE ORAL SOLUTION0506 (TEVA PHARMACEUTICALS USA)
Cimetidine is a histamine H2-receptor antagonist. Chemically it is N"-cyano-N-methyl-N'-[2-[[(5-methyl-1H-imidazol-4-yl) methyl]thio]-ethyl]-guanidine. The structural formula is:
C10H16N6S•HCl M.W. 288.80
Cimetidine contains an imidazole ring, and is chemically related to histamine.
(The liquid dosage form contains cimetidine as the hydrochloride.)
Cimetidine hydrochloride has a bitter taste and characteristic odor.
Cimetidine hydrochloride is freely soluble in water, soluble in alcohol, very slightly soluble in chloroform and practically insoluble in ether.
Each 5 mL (one teaspoonful), for oral administration contains, cimetidine hydrochloride equivalent to 300 mg of cimetidine; alcohol, 2.8%. Inactive ingredients consist of FD&C Yellow No. 6, artificial peach mint flavor, hydrochloric acid, methylparaben, poloxamer 407, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium chloride, dibasic sodium phosphate heptahydrate and sorbitol solution.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).