- Differential Diagnosis
Drug Information for CILOSTAZOL TABLETS (Apotex Corp.): OVERDOSAGE
- CLINICAL STUDIES
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS SECTION
- Diseases/Conditions Related to CILOSTAZOL TABLETS (Apotex Corp.)
- External Links Related to CILOSTAZOL TABLETS (Apotex Corp.)
Information on acute overdosage with cilostazol in humans is limited. The signs and symptoms of an acute overdose can be anticipated to be those of excessive pharmacologic effect: severe headache, diarrhea, hypotension, tachycardia, and possibly cardiac arrhythmias. The patient should be carefully observed and given supportive treatment. Since cilostazol is highly protein-bound, it is unlikely that it can be efficiently removed by hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis. The oral LD50 of cilostazol is >5.0 g/kg in mice and rats and >2.0 g/kg in dogs.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).