- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for Cefuroxime for Injection, USP (Samson Medical Technologies, L.L.C.): DESCRIPTION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- External Links Related to Cefuroxime for Injection, USP (Samson Medical Technologies, L.L.C.)
Cefuroxime is a semisynthetic, broad-spectrum, cephalosporin antibiotic for parenteral administration. It is the sodium salt of (6R,7R)-3-carbamoyloxymethyl-7-[Z-2-methoxyimino-2- (fur-2-yl) acetamido]ceph-3-em-4-carboxylate, and it has the following chemical structure:
The empirical formula is C16H15N4NaO8S, representing a molecular weight of 446.4.
Cefuroxime for Injection contains approximately 54.2 mg (2.4 mEq) of sodium per gram of cefuroxime activity.
Cefuroxime for Injection in sterile crystalline form is supplied in Pharmacy Bulk Packages equivalent to 75 g or 225 g of cefuroxime as cefuroxime sodium. Solutions of cefuroxime range in color from light yellow to amber, depending on the concentration and diluent used. The pH of freshly constituted solutions usually ranges from 6 to 8.5.
A Pharmacy Bulk Package is a container of a sterile preparation for intravenous use that contains many single doses. The contents are intended for use in a pharmacy admixture service and are restricted to the preparation of admixtures for intravenous infusion. BEFORE ADMINISTRATION, THIS PHARMACY BULK PACKAGE REQUIRES RECONSTITUTION TO A CONCENTRATION OF 95 mg/mL OR 100 mg/mL AND TRANSFER INTO STERILE SYRINGES.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).