- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for CefUROXime for Injection USP and Dextrose Injection USP (B. Braun): DESCRIPTION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- External Links Related to CefUROXime for Injection USP and Dextrose Injection USP (B. Braun)
Cefuroxime for Injection USP and Dextrose Injection USP is a sterile, nonpyrogenic, single use, packaged combination of Cefuroxime Sodium USP (crystalline) and Dextrose Injection USP (diluent) in the DUPLEX sterile container. The DUPLEX Container is a flexible dual chamber container.
The drug chamber is filled with sterile crystalline Cefuroxime for Injection USP, a semisynthetic, broad-spectrum, cephalosporin antibiotic for parenteral administration. It is the sodium salt of (6R,7R)-7-[2-(2-furyl) glyoxylamido]-3-(hydroxymethyl)-8-oxo-5-thia-1-azabicyclo[4.2.0]oct-2-ene-2-carboxylate, 72-(Z)-(O-methyloxime), carbamate (ester).
Cefuroxime Sodium USP has the following structural formula:
The empirical formula is C16H15N4NaO8S, representing a molecular weight of 446.4.
Cefuroxime contains approximately 54.2 mg (2.4 mEq) of sodium per gram of cefuroxime activity.
The diluent chamber contains Dextrose Injection USP. The concentration of Hydrous Dextrose USP has been adjusted to render the reconstituted drug product iso-osmotic. Dextrose Injection USP is sterile, nonpyrogenic, and contains no bacteriostatic or antimicrobial agents.
Hydrous Dextrose USP has the following structural (molecular) formula:
The molecular weight of Hydrous Dextrose USP is 198.17.
Dextrose hydrous USP has been added to the diluent to adjust osmolality (approximately 1.45 g and 2.05 g to 750 mg and 1.5 g dosages, respectively).
After removing the peelable foil strip, activating the seals, and thoroughly mixing, the reconstituted drug product is intended for single intravenous use. When reconstituted, the approximate osmolality of the reconstituted solution for Cefuroxime for Injection USP and Dextrose Injection USP is 290 mOsmol/kg.
The DUPLEX Container is Latex-free, PVC-free, and Di (2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP)-free.
The DUPLEX dual chamber container is made from a specially formulated material. The product (diluent and drug) contact layer is a mixture of thermoplastic rubber and a polypropylene ethylene copolymer that contains no plasticizers. The safety of the container system is supported by USP biological evaluation procedures.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).