- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for CefTRIaxONE for injection and Dextrose Injection (B. Braun Medical Inc.): DESCRIPTION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- ANIMAL PHARMACOLOGY
- HOW SUPPLIED
- External Links Related to CefTRIaxONE for injection and Dextrose Injection (B. Braun Medical Inc.)
Ceftriaxone for Injection and Dextrose Injection is a sterile, nonpyrogenic, single use, packaged combination of Ceftriaxone Sodium and Dextrose Injection (diluent) in the DUPLEX® sterile container. The DUPLEX® Container is a flexible dual chamber container.
The drug chamber is filled with ceftriaxone sodium, a sterile, semisynthetic, broad-spectrum cephalosporin antibiotic for intravenous administration. Ceftriaxone sodium is (6R,7R)-7-[2-(2-Amino-4-thiazolyl) glyoxylamido]-8-oxo-3-[[(1,2,5,6-tetrahydro-2-methyl-5,6-dioxo-as-triazin-3-yl) thio]methyl]-5-thia-1-azabicyclo[4.2.0]oct-2-ene-2-carboxylic acid, 72-(Z)-(O-methyloxime), disodium salt, sesquaterhydrate.
The chemical formula of ceftriaxone sodium is C18H16N8Na2O7S3•3.5H2O. It has a calculated molecular weight of 661.60 and the following structural formula:
Ceftriaxone sodium is supplied as a dry powder form equivalent to either 1 g or 2 g of ceftriaxone. Ceftriaxone sodium is a white to yellowish-orange crystalline powder which is readily soluble in water, sparingly soluble in methanol and very slightly soluble in ethanol. The pH of a 1% aqueous solution is approximately 6.7. The color of ceftriaxone sodium solutions ranges from light yellow to amber, depending on the length of storage and concentration.
Ceftriaxone sodium contains approximately 83 mg (3.6 mEq) of sodium per gram of ceftriaxone activity.
The diluent chamber contains Dextrose Injection. The concentration of Hydrous Dextrose in Water for Injection USP has been adjusted to render the reconstituted drug product iso-osmotic. Dextrose USP has been added to adjust osmolality (approximately 1.87 g and 1.11 g to 1 g and 2 g dosages, respectively). Dextrose Injection is sterile, nonpyrogenic, and contains no bacteriostatic or antimicrobial agents.
Hydrous Dextrose USP has the following structural (molecular) formula:
The molecular weight of Hydrous Dextrose USP is 198.17.
After removing the peelable foil strip, activating the seals, and thoroughly mixing, the reconstituted drug product is intended for single intravenous use. When reconstituted, the approximate osmolality for the reconstituted solution for Ceftriaxone for Injection and Dextrose Injection is 290 mOsmol/kg.
The DUPLEX® Container is Latex-free, PVC-free, and DEHP-free.
The DUPLEX® dual chamber container is made from a specially formulated material. The product (diluent and drug) contact layer is a mixture of thermoplastic rubber and a polypropylene ethylene copolymer that contains no plasticizers. The safety of the container system is supported by USP biological evaluation procedures.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).