- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for BACLOFEN TABLETS, USP (UPSHER-SMITH LABORATORIES, INC.): INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTION
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- Diseases/Conditions Related to BACLOFEN TABLETS, USP (UPSHER-SMITH LABORATORIES, INC.)
- External Links Related to BACLOFEN TABLETS, USP (UPSHER-SMITH LABORATORIES, INC.)
Baclofen tablets are useful for the alleviation of signs and symptoms of spasticity resulting from multiple sclerosis, particularly for the relief of flexor spasms and concomitant pain, clonus, and muscular rigidity.
Patients should have reversible spasticity so that baclofen treatment will aid in restoring residual function.
Baclofen may also be of some value in patients with spinal cord injuries and other spinal cord diseases.
Baclofen is not indicated in the treatment of skeletal muscle spasm resulting from rheumatic disorders.
The efficacy of baclofen in stroke, cerebral palsy, and Parkinson's disease has not been established and, therefore, it is not recommended for these conditions.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).