- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for BACLOFEN TABLETS, USP (UPSHER-SMITH LABORATORIES, INC.): ADVERSE REACTION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTION
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- Diseases/Conditions Related to BACLOFEN TABLETS, USP (UPSHER-SMITH LABORATORIES, INC.)
- External Links Related to BACLOFEN TABLETS, USP (UPSHER-SMITH LABORATORIES, INC.)
The most common is transient drowsiness (10 to 63%). In one controlled study of 175 patients, transient drowsiness was observed in 63% of those receiving baclofen compared to 36% of those in the placebo group. Other common adverse reactions are dizziness (5 to 15%), weakness (5 to 15%) and fatigue (2 to 4%). Others reported:
Neuropsychiatric: Confusion (1 to 11%), headache (4 to 8%), insomnia (2 to 7%); and, rarely, euphoria, excitement, depression, hallucinations, paresthesia, muscle pain, tinnitus, slurred speech, coordination disorder, tremor, rigidity, dystonia, ataxia, blurred vision, nystagmus, strabismus, miosis, mydriasis, diplopia, dysarthria, epileptic seizure.
Cardiovascular: Hypotension (0 to 9%). Rare instances of dyspnea, palpitation, chest pain, syncope.
Gastrointestinal: Nausea (4 to 12%), constipation (2 to 6%); and, rarely, dry mouth, anorexia, taste disorder, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, and positive test for occult blood in stool.
Genitourinary: Urinary frequency (2 to 6%); and, rarely, enuresis, urinary retention, dysuria, impotence, inability to ejaculate, nocturia, hematuria.
Other: Instances of rash, pruritis, ankle edema, excessive perspiration, weight gain, nasal congestion.
Some of the CNS and genitourinary symptoms may be related to the underlying disease rather than to drug therapy.
The following laboratory tests have been found to be abnormal in a few patients receiving baclofen; increased SGOT, elevated alkaline phosphatase, and elevation of blood sugar.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).