- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for Bacitracin Zinc and Polymyxin B Sulfate Ophthalmic Ointment USP (Sterile) (Bausch & Lomb Incorporated): DESCRIPTION:
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY:
- INDlCATlONS AND USAGE:
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
- HOW SUPPLIED:
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
- External Links Related to Bacitracin Zinc and Polymyxin B Sulfate Ophthalmic Ointment USP (Sterile) (Bausch & Lomb Incorporated)
Bacitracin Zinc and Polymyxin B Sulfate Ophthalmic Ointment USP is a sterile antimicrobial ointment formulated for ophthalmic use.
Bacitracin zinc is the zinc salt of bacitracin, a mixture of related cyclic polypeptides (mainly bacitracin A) produced by the growth of an organism of the licheniformis group of Bacillus subtilis var Tracy. It has a potency of not less than 40 bacitracin units per mg. The structural formula for bacitracin A is:
Polymyxin B sulfate is the sulfate salt of polymyxin B1 and B2 which are produced by the growth of Bacillus polymyxa (Prazmowski) Migula (Fam. Bacillaceae). It has a potency of not less than 6,000 polymyxin B units per mg, calculated on an anhydrous basis. The structural formulae are:
Each Gram Contains: ACTIVES: Bacitracin Zinc equal to 500 bacitracin units and Polymyxin B Sulfate equal to 10,000 polymyxin B units; INACTIVES: White Petrolatum and Mineral Oil.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).