- Differential Diagnosis
Drug Information for ANTIVERT Tablets/12.5 mg meclizine HCl ANTIVERT /25 Tablets/25 mg meclizine HCl ANTIVERT /50 Tablets/50 mg meclizine HCl (Roerig): WARNINGS
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- HOW SUPPLIED
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 12.5 mg Tablet Label
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 25 mg Tablet Label
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 50 mg Tablet Label
- External Links Related to ANTIVERT Tablets/12.5 mg meclizine HCl ANTIVERT /25 Tablets/25 mg meclizine HCl ANTIVERT /50 Tablets/50 mg meclizine HCl (Roerig)
Since drowsiness may, on occasion, occur with use of this drug, patients should be warned of this possibility and cautioned against driving a car or operating dangerous machinery.
Patients should avoid alcoholic beverages while taking this drug.
Due to its potential anticholinergic action, this drug should be used with caution in patients with asthma, glaucoma, or enlargement of the prostate gland.
Usage in Children
Clinical studies establishing safety and effectiveness in children have not been done; therefore, usage is not recommended in children under 12 years of age.
Usage in Pregnancy
Pregnancy Category B. Reproduction studies in rats have shown cleft palates at 25–50 times the human dose. Epidemiological studies in pregnant women, however, do not indicate that meclizine increases the risk of abnormalities when administered during pregnancy. Despite the animal findings, it would appear that the possibility of fetal harm is remote. Nevertheless, meclizine, or any other medication, should be used during pregnancy only if clearly necessary.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).