- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for AMOXICILLIN TABLETS, USP 875 mgRx onlyRevised: August 2008 (West-ward Pharmaceutical Corp): DESCRIPTION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- CLINICAL STUDIES
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
- External Links Related to AMOXICILLIN TABLETS, USP 875 mgRx onlyRevised: August 2008 (West-ward Pharmaceutical Corp)
Formulation of amoxicillin tablets contain amoxicillin, a semisynthetic antibiotic, an analog of ampicillin, with a broad spectrum of bactericidal activity against many gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms. Chemically it is (2S,5R,6R)- 6-[(R)-(-)-2-amino-2-(p-hydroxyphenyl) acetamido]-3,3-dimethyl-7-oxo-4-thia-1-azabicyclo [3.2.0]heptane-2-carboxylic acid trihydrate. The structural formula is:
The amoxicillin molecular formula is C16H19N3O5S•3H2O, and the molecular weight is 419.45.
Tablets of amoxicillin are intended for oral administration.
Tablets: Each film coated tablet contains 875 mg amoxicillin as the trihydrate. Each film-coated, capsule-shaped, pink tablet is scored on one side and imprinted WW951 on the other side. Inactive ingredients: carmine, colloidal silicon dioxide, crospovidone, FD&C Red #40 Lake, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyvinyl alcohol-partially hydrolyzed, polyethylene glycol, sodium starch glycolate, talc, and titanium dioxide.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).