- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for AMOXICILLIN AND CLAVULANATE POTASSIUM FOR ORAL SUSPENSION USP8675 (TEVA PHARMACEUTICALS USA): DESCRIPTION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- DESCRIPTION OF CLINICAL STUDIES
- External Links Related to AMOXICILLIN AND CLAVULANATE POTASSIUM FOR ORAL SUSPENSION USP8675 (TEVA PHARMACEUTICALS USA)
Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium for oral suspension is an oral antibacterial combination consisting of the semisynthetic antibiotic amoxicillin and the β-lactamase inhibitor, clavulanate potassium (the potassium salt of clavulanic acid). Amoxicillin is an analog of ampicillin, derived from the basic penicillin nucleus, 6-aminopenicillanic acid. Chemically, amoxicillin is (2S,5R,6R)-6-[(R)-(-)-2-amino-2-(p-hydroxyphenyl) acetamido]-3,3-dimethyl-7-oxo-4-thia-1-azabicyclo[3.2.0]heptane-2-carboxylic acid trihydrate and may be represented structurally as:
C16H19N3O5S • 3H2O M.W. 419.46
Clavulanic acid is produced by the fermentation of Streptomyces clavuligerus. It is a β-lactam structurally related to the penicillins and possesses the ability to inactivate a wide variety of β-lactamases by blocking the active sites of these enzymes. Clavulanic acid is particularly active against the clinically important plasmid-mediated β-lactamases frequently responsible for transferred drug resistance to penicillins and cephalosporins. Chemically, clavulanate potassium is potassium (Z)-(2R,5R)-3-(2-hydroxyethylidene)-7-oxo-4-oxa-1-azabicyclo[3.2.0]-heptane-2-carboxylate and may be represented structurally as:
C8H8KNO5 M.W. 237.25
Powder for oral suspension - aspartame*, citric acid, colloidal silicon dioxide, mannitol, hypromellose, PB82 spray dried orange 739 flavor, sodium citrate, sodium saccharin, and xanthan gum.* See PRECAUTIONS, Information for Patients, Phenylketonurics.
Each 5 mL of amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium for oral suspension, 600 mg/42.9 mg per 5 mL contains 600 mg amoxicillin as the trihydrate and 42.9 mg clavulanic acid as the potassium salt (clavulanate potassium). The potassium content per 5 mL is 0.23 mEq.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).