- Differential Diagnosis
Drug Information for ALVESCO (ciclesonide) Inhalation Aerosol 80 mcg, 160 mcgFor Oral Inhalation Only (Sepracor Inc.): 7 DRUG INTERACTIONS
- 2 DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- 3 DOSAGE FORMS AND STRENGTHS
- 6 ADVERSE REACTIONS
- 7 DRUG INTERACTIONS
- 10 OVERDOSAGE
- 11 DESCRIPTION
- 16 HOW SUPPLIED/STORAGE AND HANDLING
- 17 PATIENT COUNSELING INFORMATION
- External Links Related to ALVESCO (ciclesonide) Inhalation Aerosol 80 mcg, 160 mcgFor Oral Inhalation Only (Sepracor Inc.)
In clinical studies, concurrent administration of ciclesonide and other drugs commonly used in the treatment of asthma (albuterol, formoterol) had no effect on pharmacokinetics of des-ciclesonide [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
In vitro studies and clinical pharmacology studies suggested that des-ciclesonide has no potential for metabolic drug interactions or protein binding-based drug interactions [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
In a drug interaction study, co-administration of orally inhaled ciclesonide and oral ketoconazole, a potent inhibitor of cytochrome P450 3A4, increased the exposure (AUC) of des-ciclesonide by approximately 3.6-fold at steady state, while levels of ciclesonide remained unchanged.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).