- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for ALVESCO (ciclesonide) Inhalation Aerosol 80 mcg, 160 mcgFor Oral Inhalation Only (Sepracor Inc.): 2 DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- 2 DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- 3 DOSAGE FORMS AND STRENGTHS
- 6 ADVERSE REACTIONS
- 7 DRUG INTERACTIONS
- 10 OVERDOSAGE
- 11 DESCRIPTION
- 16 HOW SUPPLIED/STORAGE AND HANDLING
- 17 PATIENT COUNSELING INFORMATION
- External Links Related to ALVESCO (ciclesonide) Inhalation Aerosol 80 mcg, 160 mcgFor Oral Inhalation Only (Sepracor Inc.)
ALVESCO should be administered by the orally inhaled route. Prime ALVESCO Inhalation Aerosol before using for the first time by actuating 3 times prior to using the first dose from a new canister or when the inhaler has not been used for more than 10 days. Individual patients will experience a variable time to onset and degree of symptom relief. Maximum benefit may not be achieved for four weeks or longer after initiation. After asthma stability has been achieved, it is desirable to titrate to the lowest effective dosage to reduce the possibility of side effects. For patients who do not respond adequately to the starting dose after 4 weeks of therapy, higher doses may provide additional asthma control. The safety and efficacy of ALVESCO when administered in excess of the highest recommended doses has not been established.
The recommended starting dose and the highest recommended dose of ALVESCO Inhalation Aerosol are listed in the following table.
1Prednisone should be reduced gradually, no faster than 2.5 mg/day on a weekly basis, beginning after at least 1 week of therapy with ALVESCO. Patients should be carefully monitored for signs of asthma instability, including monitoring of serial objective measures of airflow, and for signs of adrenal insufficiency during steroid taper and following discontinuation of oral corticosteroid therapy [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1)].
PreviousTherapy RecommendedStarting Dose HighestRecommended Dose Patients = 12 years who received bronchodilators alone 80 mcg twice daily 160 mcg twice daily Patients = 12 years who receivedinhaled corticosteroids 80 mcg twice daily 320 mcg twice daily Patients = 12 years who receivedoral corticosteroids1 320 mcg twice daily 320 mcg twice daily
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).