- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for Albuterol Sulfate (Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.): OVERDOSAGE
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- HOW SUPPLIED
- External Links Related to Albuterol Sulfate (Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
Manifestations of overdosage may include seizures, anginal pain, hypertension, hypokalemia, tachycardia with rates up to 200 beats/min, and exaggeration of the pharmacological effects listed in ADVERSE REACTIONS. In isolated cases in children 2 to 12 years of age, tachycardia with rates >200 beats/min has been observed.
The oral LD50 in rats and mice was greater than 2,000 mg/kg. The inhalational LD50 could not be determined.
There is insufficient evidence to determine if dialysis is beneficial for overdosage of albuterol inhalation solution.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).