- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for ADRENACLICK™ (epinephrine injection, USP) auto-injector (Sciele Pharma, Inc. ): DESCRIPTION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- PATIENT PACKAGE INSERT
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 0.15 mg Carton
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 0.3 mg Carton
- External Links Related to ADRENACLICK™ (epinephrine injection, USP) auto-injector (Sciele Pharma, Inc. )
Adrenaclick™ auto-injector contains 1.1 mL epinephrine injection, USP (1 mg/mL), from which one dose of either 0.15 mg (0.15 mL) or 0.3 mg (0.3 mL) each is available for use by injection. The dose is administered by autoinjection after the patient prepares and fires Adrenaclick™ as directed. The remaining volume is not available for use and should be discarded. See PATIENT DIRECTIONS FOR USE on the accompanying Patient Information Leaflet.
This single, available dose of epinephrine injection, USP contains either 0.15 mg or 0.3 mg l-epinephrine, sodium chloride, chlorobutanol and sodium bisulfite, all sealed under nitrogen.
Epinephrine is a sympathomimetic catecholamine. Its naturally occurring l-isomer, which is twenty times as active as the d-isomer, is obtained in pure form by separation from the synthetically produced racemate.
Chemically, epinephrine is 1-(3,4-dihydroxyphenyl)-2-(methylamino) ethanol with the following structure:
Epinephrine deteriorates rapidly on exposure to air or light, turning pink from oxidation to adrenochrome and brown from the formation of melanin. Epinephrine solutions that show evidence of discoloration should be discarded.
Adrenaclick contains no latex.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).