- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for ACETAMINOPHEN, ASPIRIN, AND CODEINE* PHOSPHATE CAPSULES: DESCRIPTION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DRUG ABUSE AND DEPENDENCE
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- External Links Related to ACETAMINOPHEN, ASPIRIN, AND CODEINE* PHOSPHATE CAPSULES
Acetaminophen, aspirin, and codeine phosphate capsules are available in three different strengths and colors:
150 mg/180 mg/15 mg 150 mg/180 mg/30 mg 150 mg/180 mg/60 mg (grey/green) (grey/black) (grey/red) Acetaminophen 150 mg 150 mg 150 mgAspirin 180 mg 180 mg 180 mgCodeine* Phosphate 15 mg 30 mg 60 mg
(*WARNING: May be habit forming)
Also contains pregelatinized starch and sodium lauryl sulfate with capsule shells composed of gelatin (containing silicon dioxide and sodium lauryl sulfate as manufacturing aides to the gelatin) with black iron oxide and titanium dioxide as color additives. In addition, the capsule containing 15 mg of codeine phosphate also contains: D&C Yellow #10, FD&C Blue #1 and FD&C Red #40. The capsule containing 60 mg codeine phosphate also contains: FD&C Blue #1 and FD&C Red #40.
Acetaminophen, 4′-hydroxyacetanilide, is a non-opiate, non-salicylate analgesic and antipyretic which occurs as a white, odorless, crystalline powder, possessing a slightly bitter taste. Its structure is as follows:
C8H9NO2 M.W. 151.16
Aspirin, salicylic acid acetate, is a non-opiate analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic agent. It occurs as a white, crystalline tabular or needle-like powder and is odorless or has a faint odor, Its structure is as follows:
C9H8O4 MW. 180.16
Codeine is an alkaloid, obtained from opium or prepared from morphine by methylation. Codeine phosphate occurs as fine, white, needle-shaped crystals, or white, crystalline powder. It is affected by light. Its chemical name is: 7,8-didehydro-4,5α-epoxy-3-methoxy-17-methylmorphinan-6α-ol phosphate (1:1) (salt) hemihydrate. Its structure is as follows:
C18H21NO3•H3PO4•1/2 H2O M.W. 406.37
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).