- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for 50% DEXTROSEInjection, USP (Hospira, Inc.): CONTRAINDICATIONS
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- External Links Related to 50% DEXTROSEInjection, USP (Hospira, Inc.)
A concentrated dextrose solution should not be used when intracranial or intraspinal hemorrhage is present, nor in the presence of delirium tremens if the patient is already dehydrated.
Dextrose injection without electrolytes should not be administered simultaneously with blood through the same infusion set because of the possibility that pseudoagglutination of red cells may occur.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).