- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
- Disease Information
- Disease Comparison
Disease Processes ▼
- Auto Immune
- Infected Organ-Abcess
- Infectious agent
- Poison Agent
- Poisoned Organ
- Structural-Anatomic-Foreign body
- Surgical Procedure-Complication
Major Organs-Systems ▼
- Nervous & Sensory System (Neurology)
- Cardiovascular System
- Respiratory (Pulmonary) System
- Gastro-Intestinal (Digestive) System
- Urinary System
- Dermatologic System
- Endocrine System
- Immune System
- Musculoskeletal System
- Genital Reproductive System
- Hematopoietic System (Hematology)
- Lymphatic System
Disease Information for Schilder disease/Adrenoleukodystrophy: Definition
Available only to registered users.
- 157 possible findings found
- Clinical Manifestations (47)
- Demographics & Risk Factors (14)
- Laboratory Tests (7)
- Diagnostic Test Results (14)
- Associated Diseases & Rule outs (39)
- Disease Mechanism & Classification (32)
- Treatment (4)
- External Links Related to Schilder disease/Adrenoleukodystrophy
Inherited disease of CNS degeneration with Adrenal insufficiency in male infants and children; schilders disease synonyms are: Adrenoleukodystrophy;ALD; AMN
Addison Disease with Cerebral Sclerosis; Addison-Schilder Disease ; Adrenomyeloneuropathy Adult Onset ALD;
Bronze Schilder"s Disease ; Encephalitis Periaxialis Diffusa; Flatau-Schilder Disease; Melanodermic Leukodystrophy; Myelinoclastic Diffuse Sclerosis; Schilder Disease; Schilder Encephalitis; Siewerling-Creutzfeldt Disease; Sudanophilic Leukodystrophy, ADL.
Onset Subdivisions:Childhood Adrenoleukodystrophy(X-linked recessive) And Neonatal Adrenoleukodystrophy (autosomal recessive); Discussion: Adrenoleukodystrophy is a rare inherited metabolic disorder characterized by the loss of the fatty covering (myelin sheath) on nerve fibers within the brain (cerebral demyelination) and the progressive degeneration of the adrenal gland (adrenal atrophy); Adrenoleukodystrophy that is inherited as an X-linked genetic trait may begin in childhood or adulthood; However, Adrenoleukodystrophy that is inherited as an autosomal recessive genetic trait typically begins during infancy (neonatal period)[NORD 2005].