- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
- Disease Information
- Disease Comparison
Disease Processes ▼
- Auto Immune
- Infected Organ-Abcess
- Infectious agent
- Poison Agent
- Poisoned Organ
- Structural-Anatomic-Foreign body
- Surgical Procedure-Complication
Major Organs-Systems ▼
- Nervous & Sensory System (Neurology)
- Cardiovascular System
- Respiratory (Pulmonary) System
- Gastro-Intestinal (Digestive) System
- Urinary System
- Dermatologic System
- Endocrine System
- Immune System
- Musculoskeletal System
- Genital Reproductive System
- Hematopoietic System (Hematology)
- Lymphatic System
Disease Information for Nephritis, hereditary (Alports): Definition
Available only to registered users.
- 189 possible findings found
- Clinical Manifestations (39)
- Demographics & Risk Factors (15)
- Laboratory Tests (23)
- Diagnostic Test Results (14)
- Associated Diseases & Rule outs (54)
- Disease Mechanism & Classification (38)
- Treatment (6)
- External Links Related to Nephritis, hereditary (Alports)
Alport Syndrome synonyms: Hematuria-Nephropathy Deafness
Hemorrhagic Familial Nephritis; Hereditary Deafness and Nephropathy; Hereditary Nephritis; Hereditary Nephritis With Sensory Deafness; Nephritis and Nerve Deafness, Hereditary; Nephropathy and Deafness,Hereditary.
Subdivisions: Autosomal Dominant Alport Syndrome (ADAS);
Autosomal Recessive Alport Syndrome (ARAS); X-Linked Alport Syndrome (XLAS).
Discussion: Alport syndrome is a group of hereditary disorders characterized by progressive deterioration of parts of the kidney known as basement membranes; This deterioration may lead to chronic kidney (renal) disease. Eventually, severe renal failure (end-stage renal disease or ESRD) may develop; Some types of Alport syndrome may also affect vision and hearing; Most cases of Alport syndrome have an X-linked pattern of inheritance.[NORD 2005]