- Differential Diagnosis
Sign-in (or register) to check out the new features we've just launched!
Differential Diagnosis For Recurring thoughts/rumination
Available only to registered users.
- 7 possible diagnoses found
- Relational, Mental, Psychiatric Disorders
- Bipolar affective disorder
- Depression, endogenous
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Vegetative, Autonomic, Endocrine Disorders
- Epilepsy, temporal lobe
- obsessive thinking, Obsessive thoughts
Rumination is a process that involves deeply reflecting on a situation. When rumination becomes difficult to control, it can lead to negative psychological effects including depression and phobias. The inability to stop ruminating on a particular thought is a hallmark of obsession.
- External Links Related to Recurring thoughts/rumination
- PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- NGC (National Guideline Clearinghouse)
- Medscape (eMedicine)
- Harrison's Online (accessmedicine)
- NEJM (The New England Journal of Medicine)