- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Sign-in (or register) to check out the new features we've just launched!
Possible Rule Outs For Multiple sclerosis - Rule Outs
Available only to registered users.
- 19 possible rule outs found
- Infectious Disorders (Specific Agent)
- Lyme disease
- Syphilitic spastic paraplegia (Erb)
- Tropical spastic paraparesis
- Allergic, Collagen, Auto-Immune Disorders
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDIP)
- Metabolic, Storage Disorders
- Leukodystrophy/Arylsufatase deficiency
- Congenital, Developmental Disorders
- Hereditary, Familial, Genetic Disorders
- MoyaMoya disease
- Paraplegia, spastic hereditary
- Schilder disease/Adrenoleukodystrophy
- MELAS Encephalopathy
- Optic atrophy, hereditary, of Leber
- Usage, Degenerative, Necrosis, Age Related Disorders
- Binswanger's dementia
- Metachromatic leukodystrophy
- Optica neuromyelitis/Devic disease
- Balo Disease/Concentric Sclerosis
- Vegetative, Autonomic, Endocrine Disorders
- Menieres disease
- Myasthenia gravis
- Reference to Organ System
- Combined system disease/pernicious an.
- Transverse myelitis, subacute
- cerebrospinal sclerosis, Disseminated sclerosis, DS Disseminated sclerosis, Generalised multiple sclerosis, Generalized multiple sclerosis, Generalized multiple sclerosis (disorder), insular sclerosis, MS, MS (Multiple Sclerosis), MS Multiple sclerosis, Multiple sclerosis (disorder), sclerosis cerebrospinal, SCLEROSIS DISSEMINATED, SCLEROSIS INSULAR, SCLEROSIS MULTIPLE
cannot walk without walker with wheels
stiff thigh muscles
pins and needles in mainly left foot, and left arm
fasticulations in legs and arms
very brisk reflexes
extreme difficulty getting up from chair or bed
fell to floor could not get up
lower back pain
even with walker can only go short distance
arms feel very heavy at times
my walking is so very slow and painful
cannot get up stairs, left foot has to be dragged up to step
- External Links Related to Multiple sclerosis - Rule Outs
- PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- NGC (National Guideline Clearinghouse)
- Medscape (eMedicine)
- Harrison's Online (accessmedicine)
- NEJM (The New England Journal of Medicine)