- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Sign-in (or register) to check out the new features we've just launched!
Possible Causes For Irritable Colon Syndrome - Causes
Available only to registered users.
- 7 possible causes found
- Infectious Disorders (Specific Agent)
- Strongyloides stercoralis
- Relational, Mental, Psychiatric Disorders
- Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Functional, Physiologic Variant Disorders
- Vegetative, Autonomic, Endocrine Disorders
- Irritable Colon Syndrome
- Pelvic congestion syndrome
- Bacteria intestinal overgrowth syndrome
- Adaptive colitis, bowel disease functional, bowel functional syndrome, BOWEL IRRITABLE, BOWEL IRRITABLE SYNDROME, bowel syndrome functional, Colitides Mucous, COLITIS MUCOUS, colitis spastic, Colon Irritable, Colon spasm, COLON SPASTIC, Functional bowel disease, Functional bowel syndrome, IBD, IBS, IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), IBS Irritable bowel syndrome, IC Irritable colon, Irritable bowel, IRRITABLE BOWEL DISEASE, Irritable bowel IBS, Irritable Bowel Syndromes, irritable colon, Irritable colon (disorder), Irritable colon Irritable bowel syndrome, Irritable Colon Syndrome, Membranous colitis, Mucous Colitides, Mucous Colitis, Nervous colitis, Psychogenic IBS, spasm colon, Spastic colitis, Spastic colon, syndrome bowel functional, syndrome functional bowel, Syndrome Irritable Bowel, Syndromes Irritable Bowel
Is a functional bowel disorder in which abdominal pain is associated with defecation or change in bowel habit.
- External Links Related to Irritable Colon Syndrome - Causes
- PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- NGC (National Guideline Clearinghouse)
- Medscape (eMedicine)
- Harrison's Online (accessmedicine)
- NEJM (The New England Journal of Medicine)