- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Sign-in (or register) to check out the new features we've just launched!
Differential Diagnosis For Hypoketotic hypoglycemia (Lab)
Available only to registered users.
- 16 possible diagnoses found
- Neoplastic Disorders
- Insulinoma/Islet cell tumor
- Nesidioblastosis of Pancreas/Infancy
- Metabolic, Storage Disorders
- Carnitine/Acylcarnitine translocase deficiency
- LCHAD/Long chain OH-CoA dehydrogenase def
- MCAD/Medium chain OH-CoA Dehydrogenase def
- VLCHAD/Very Long chain OH-CoA dehydrogenase def
- Carnitine deficiency syndrome
- Carnitine palmityltranferase deficiency
- Urea cycle/metabolic disorder
- Fatty acid oxidation/metabolic syndromes
- Organic acidemias/Metabolic syndromes
- Unclassified fatty oxidation syndromes (U-FAOD)
- Vegetative, Autonomic, Endocrine Disorders
- Reference to Organ System
- Fatty liver of pregnancy, acute
- Insulin (Humulin/Novulin) Administration/Toxicity
- Blood Glucose Low, blood sugar low, Glucose low blood, hypoglycaemia, Hypoglycaemia unspecified, Hypoglycaemic disorder, Hypoglycaemic syndrome, hypoglycemia, Hypoglycemia (disorder), Hypoglycemia unspecified, Hypoglycemia unspecified (disorder), Hypoglycemic disorder, Hypoglycemic disorder (disorder), Hypoglycemic syndrome, Hypoglycemic syndrome (disorder), Ketosis, Ketosis (disorder), Lab, Low, Low blood glucose, Low Blood Sugar, sugar blood low
Hypoglycemia with no ketones: may be due to
1. FAOD --> increased free fatty acids
2. Hyperinsulinemia --> decreased free fatty acids
3. GSD !!!, Galactosemia
- External Links Related to Hypoketotic hypoglycemia (Lab)
- PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- NGC (National Guideline Clearinghouse)
- Medscape (eMedicine)
- Harrison's Online (accessmedicine)
- NEJM (The New England Journal of Medicine)