- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Sign-in (or register) to check out the new features we've just launched!
Differential Diagnosis For Homans' sign
Available only to registered users.
- 7 possible diagnoses found
- Trauma Causes
- Gastrocnemius muscle tear/hematoma
- Infected organ, Abscesses
- Thrombophlebitis, septic/suppurative
- Anatomic, Foreign Body, Structural Disorders
- Baker's cyst rupture
- Arteriosclerotic, Vascular, Venous Disorders
- Pulmonary embolism
- Thromboembolic disease
- Thrombophlebitis, deep vein
- Reference to Organ System
- Thrombophlebitis, peripheral
- Homans sign, Homan's sign, Homans' sign (finding)
Pain in the calf when the foot is passively dorsiflexed.
- External Links Related to Homans' sign
- PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- NGC (National Guideline Clearinghouse)
- Medscape (eMedicine)
- Harrison's Online (accessmedicine)
- NEJM (The New England Journal of Medicine)