- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Sign-in (or register) to check out the new features we've just launched!
Possible Causes For Furunculosis, nasal - Causes
Available only to registered users.
- 5 possible causes found
- Infectious Disorders (Specific Agent)
- Staphylococcus aureus infection
- Staphylococcus aureus/CA-MRSA virulent PVL gene
- Infected organ, Abscesses
- Furunculosis, nasal
- Arteriosclerotic, Vascular, Venous Disorders
- Cavernous sinus thrombosis
- Vegetative, Autonomic, Endocrine Disorders
- Increased intracranial pressure
- Boil ine, Boil ine (disorder), Boil nose, furuncle e, Furuncle ofe, Furuncle ofe (disorder), Nasal boil, NOSE FURUNCLE
Nasal furunculosis is a boil in the nasal vestibule as a result of infection of a hair follicle. This condition is very rare.
- External Links Related to Furunculosis, nasal - Causes
- PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- NGC (National Guideline Clearinghouse)
- Medscape (eMedicine)
- Harrison's Online (accessmedicine)
- NEJM (The New England Journal of Medicine)