- Differential Diagnosis
Sign-in (or register) to check out the new features we've just launched!
Differential Diagnosis For Blumer's rectal shelf sign
Available only to registered users.
- 6 possible diagnoses found
- Neoplastic Disorders
- Metastasis to peritoneum
- Adenocarcinoma, gastric
- Adenocarcinoma, pancreatic
- Cul de sac/pelvis metastasis
- Metastasis/carcinoma to ovary
- Pelvic tumor
a shelf palpable by rectal examination, due to metastatic tumour cells gravitating from an abdominal cancer and growing in the rectovesical or rectouterine pouch.
- External Links Related to Blumer's rectal shelf sign
- PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- NGC (National Guideline Clearinghouse)
- Medscape (eMedicine)
- Harrison's Online (accessmedicine)
- NEJM (The New England Journal of Medicine)