- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Sign-in (or register) to check out the new features we've just launched!
Possible Causes For Arnold-Chiari syndrome - Causes
Available only to registered users.
- 6 possible causes found
- Congenital, Developmental Disorders
- Shprintzen-Goldberg craniosynostosis syndrome (15q21.1)
- Arnold-Chiari syndrome
- Goldenhar syndrome
- Hereditary, Familial, Genetic Disorders
- Loeys-Dietz Syndrome
- ACM Arnold-Chiari malformat, ACM Arnold-Chiari malformation, Arnold Chiari Deformity, ARNOLD CHIARI MALFORMATION, Arnold Chiari syndrome, Arnold-Chiari, Arnold-Chiari Deformity, Arnold-Chiari malformation, Arnold-Chiari obstruction, Arnold-Chiari syndrome (disorder), CEREBELLOMEDULLARY MALFORMATION SYNDROME, Chiari malformation, Chiari malformation (disorder), Chiari's malformation, Deformity Arnold-Chiari, Malformation Arnold Chiari, Malformation Arnold-Chiari, obstruction Arnold-Chiari, Syndrome Arnold-Chiari
A serious neurological disorder where the bottom part of the brain, the cerebellum, descends out of the skull and crowds the spinal cord, putting pressure on both the brain and spine. Causes many symptoms ranging from headaches and balance problems to vision issues.
- External Links Related to Arnold-Chiari syndrome - Causes
- PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- NGC (National Guideline Clearinghouse)
- Medscape (eMedicine)
- Harrison's Online (accessmedicine)
- NEJM (The New England Journal of Medicine)