- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
- Contact Us
- About ▼
- Help ▼
Sign-in (or register) to check out the new features we've just launched!
- Thoughts about Differential Diagnosis
- Findings versus Relationships
- Generate a Differential Diagnosis list
- Disease Information
- Disease Comparison
- Become an Editor
- Become a Translator
- Free User Registration
With this feature, medical practitioners can easily compare the findings of the two selected conditions for similarities and differences side by side. This is a tremendous tool in determining which of the two diseases has the associated findings that better match a particular patient's condition, thus enhancing the doctor's ability to arrive at the proper diagnosis.
How to Compare Diseases
- Click the "Disease Comparison" tab at the top of the screen.
- Enter a few letters of the first disease or condition for a Disease Comparison.
- Click "Search" and select the first disease from the search result.
- Enter a few letters of the second disease or condition for a Disease Comparison.
- Click "Search" and select the second disease from the search result.
With the side-by-side lists, you have three comparison options to choose from:
- Show All: Displays all of the findings of both diseases side-by-side.
- Show Common Findings: Displays only the common findings of the two diseases.
- Show Differences: Displays only the different findings of the two diseases side-by-side.
- Print Results: You may print the results of a Disease Comparison by choosing the print icon near the top of the screen. (Available only to registered users. Registration is Free)
- Navigation Tips In Disease Comparison: you can either scroll up and down in the two lists to compare findings, or you can click on a Disease Review button to quickly compare the findings of the two diseases in a particular category.
- Change Display: You may toggle lists and select "show all", "show common", and "show differences"